Jonathan Green Winter Survival Fall Lawn Fertilizer
Jonathan Green Winter Survival Fall Lawn Food is the ideal fall lawn fertilizer to spread anytime from early September through mid-November because air temperatures are cooler and the soil is still warm enough for grass roots to grow deep. Winter Survival provides the nutrients to help boost newly seeded lawns as well as help established lawns grow thicker and greener grass with deeper roots.
This product helps lawns recover from summer stress, feeds grass for up to three months, and can be applied to any type of lawn grass. If Winter Survival is spread early in the fall, a second application the first week of November will safeguard the lawn over the winter resulting in greener grass early next spring.
When to Apply:
- Spread this product a day or two after mowing and when the lawn is dry.
- Apply the same day as seeding or sodding.
- The best time to apply is late summer through late fall depending on the region.
- For damaged lawns apply in early fall then again 6 weeks later, for a thicker, greener lawn.
- Use a rotary or drop lawn spreader.
- Check that the spreader opening at the bottom of the hopper is closed.
- To select the proper spreader setting see the Spreader Settings section in the accordion below.
- Push the lever forward only when ready to spread.
- Apply fertilizer around the perimeter of the lawn to establish a turning area. Then run the spreader back and forth within the area outlined by your first perimeter application. Always allow an overlap to avoid gaps in coverage.
- To avoid staining, sweep any excess fertilizer granules off of hard surfaces and back onto the lawn.
- Irrigate the treated area after application for best results. About 1 ½ inches of water per week is sufficient between rainfall and irrigation but not to the point of run-off.
- Once watered wait a day to mow the lawn, allowing the product time to activate.