Employment at Adams
Adams Fairacre Farms is a major employer in the Hudson Valley and one of the best of its kind in retail sales. We have over 1,000 friendly, caring employees between our four stores. We are a family owned business with family values. We believe that each employee contributes directly to Adams’ growth and success. We have built an excellent staff that is committed and professional – a staff that has continued to expand their skills and grow with us. We have been doing some pretty exciting things, and we think after you have had a chance to become comfortable in your position you will discover how rewarding it is to work here. Our employees are why our customers say, “I love that store!”
- How old do you have to be to work at Adams? For most positions you need to be at least 16; however, to work in the deli you must be 18 years of age.
- What types of benefits are offered?
Here are just some of the benefits offered:
- Health Insurance (full-time employees)
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401(k) with employer match
- 20% employee discount
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick (full-time employees)
- Life insurance (full-time employees)
- Short term disability
- Voluntary benefits, including supplemental life, short-term disability, cancer coverage, accident coverage
- Does Adams offer a retirement plan? We offer a 401(k) plan (pre-tax) with employer match, Roth 401(k) (post tax) and profit sharing. Employees 21 years or older are eligible to join.
- Are there opportunities for career advancement? Absolutely! We have many employees who have started out as cashiers, deli clerks, etc. and are now department managers and store managers.
- Does Adams offer paid vacation? Yes, Adams offers paid vacation to both full-time and part-time employees. After one year of service employees will earn vacation time. Full-time employees also earn personal/sick time after six months of service.
- How much does Adams pay? It depends on the position and your level of experience. Our pay is competitive for the industry.
The Application Process
- Check our website or in store postings for basic descriptions and requirements for our open positions.
- You can submit your application online, or visit one of our four locations to pick up a paper application.
- For your application to be considered please make sure it is filled out completely. Make sure paper applications are signed and dated. Applications with missing information are not accepted.
- A tip: If you are interested in more than one position it is recommended you submit an application for each specific position.
- Due to the 1000’s of applications we receive, only applicants being considered will be contacted. Please do not call.
- All applications are reviewed by the hiring manager for the position or Human Resources.
- If a manager is interested in interviewing you, you should hear back within 2 weeks.
- Applications will be kept on file for one year.
Thank you for considering Adams Fairacre Farms.
The Technical Stuff
- Adams is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are evaluated solely on their friendly positive attitude with their qualifications to perform the work required.
- Adams participates in E-Verify. For more information, please visit the E-Verify site by clicking here.
- All retail positions require Saturday or Sunday hours.
- All drivers of Adams vehicles require an MVR, Drug Test, and participate in random drug testing.
- Adams has a generous benefits package including matching 401K & 20% employee discount; and paid time off.