Wendy Troncone, Marketing Director
Updated June 16, 2020
Poughkeepsie, New York – Given the continued news about the coronavirus (COVID-19), we wanted to let you know that Adams Fairacre Farms is closely monitoring local and national reports on the evolving impact of coronavirus (COVID-19), following the guidance we receive from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization and applicable public health agencies.
In response to customer requests and to help support our community members please note the additional steps that Adams has taken in response to coronavirus (COVID-19):
Temporary Change in Store Hours
We are changing our hours of operation to better serve our customers and communities. We have implemented special store hours for Seniors 60+ and for all individuals with high-risk health issues, Monday-Sunday from 7a.m. – 8a.m. at all Adams stores. All other customers can shop regular store hours, Monday-Saturday from 8a.m.-8p.m. and Sunday 8a.m.- 7p.m.
We have also temporarily:
- Offered curbside pick-up: http://www.adamsfarms.com/curbside
- Added one way aisle floor signage to floors, walls and ceilings
- Added 6ft social distancing floor signage in register areas and in carts
- Added a maximum in-store customer count poster to each store
- Required everyone wear a mask or cloth face-covering in-store
- Recommended one person per cart
- Closed all Adams Café seating areas and are providing takeout only
- Modified our hot bar and salad bars from self-serve to staff-served with packaged options
- Modified our self-serve coffee station to Adams associate served
- Increased customer signage in-store providing tips for safe food preparation and sanitation
- Accommodated employees who are staying home to protect high-risk family members
- Limited the purchase of some high-demand products to help ensure availability for all our customers
- Suspended our cookie and juice sampling during Customer Appreciation Night as well as in-store sampling. Customer Appreciation Night will still be ongoing
How are you keeping up with supply and demand?
Because this is impacting the retail industry around the world, supply is limited and there are a number of pressures on the supply chain to keep up with demand. This, coupled with the high volume we’re seeing across all departments, is affecting what is available on our shelves. Know that we continue to receive shipments to our stores every day. Although we may not have every variety available, we are working hard to give our customers options in each category.
How is Adams Fairacre Farms addressing safety concerns
Our housekeeping and sanitation efforts in our stores were greatly expanded since the initial (COVID-19) announcement. We’re frequently disinfecting often-touched surfaces such as door handles, countertops, keypads, restroom surfaces, baskets and power washing shopping carts. We’re asking all of our associates (and we urge everyone) to follow the CDC guidelines to prevent the spread of the infection.
As part of our everyday practices, we follow strict food safety and policies and procedures, above and beyond what is required of us to ensure a safe environment for all. We continue to reinforce employee education regarding viral prevention and encouraging them to stay home when they don’t feel well. Still, we are taking additional measures to help ensure the health and safety of our employees and customers.
As always, we are concerned about the health and safety of our customers and associates. You are our top priority and we will continue to listen to and address your concerns as we’re committed to doing our part to help keep our customers and employees safe. In addition, we are touched by the ways our customers, employees and vendors are working together in this difficult time. And a special thank you for the kindness the public has shown our associates.
About Adams Fairacre Farms
Adams Fairacre Farms is a family-owned business with stores located in Poughkeepsie, Kingston, Newburgh and Wappinger with plans of expansion now underway. Adams celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2019 and supports over 100 local farmers and vendors as well as 1,350 employees. Adams Fairacre Farms is passionate about their customers and continues to be a leader in the Hudson Valley.
For more information, visit http://www.adamsfarms.com
# # #