2022 Lawn & Garden Shows
Adams Landscaping will once again transport us to a spring paradise with our Annual Lawn & Garden Shows! Take a moment to relax in the space filled with flowers in bloom, waterfalls, fairy gardens and stone walls. Each show will have different designs and plants so visit them all if you can!
Each Garden Show will feature DIY areas where you can get inspiration, ideas and how-to advice from our in-store experts. Like our Garden Shows, our DIYs are free to attend! Each store offers something different so try to get to them all, whether you’re new to gardening or a seasoned pro.
Every year at our Annual Lawn & Garden Shows, we raffle off a number of items in each store. CLICK HERE to enter the giveaways.
Poughkeepsie: February 25 – March 6
Newburgh: February 25 – March 6
Kingston: March 4 – March 13
Wappinger: March 4 – March 13
- Gardening for Pollinators
- Nursery experts will be on hand opening weekend to explain the vital role pollinators play in our lives and which pollinator-friendly plants you can plant to bring them to your corner of the world. Can’t make it then? We’ll have information available throughout the run of the Show.
- CLICK HERE to learn more about the importance of pollinators.
- Terrarium How-To – by Marnie Reilly, Greenhouse Manager
- You’ll learn everything you need – containers, plants, rocks, soil – and need to know to create your own little ecosystem. Get a head start HERE.
- Winter Wonderlandscape: Landscaping for Winter Interest – by Tim Bellamy, Nursery Manager
- Tim taps into his creative expertise, helping you select trees, shrubs and plants that will bring stunning beauty to your landscape even in winter!
- Tropical Plants Create an Outdoor Oasis – by Maureen Drury, Greenhouse Manager
- Learn how to use tropical plants in your summer gardens, both sunny and shady, as well as tips on creating a tropical container garden for porch or patio.
- She’ll also inspire you to create garden art from salvaged and reclaimed materials. Featuring Agrisculpture by local artist Amy Lewis Sweetman.
- Learn more about houseplant care HERE.
- Backyard Birding
- Learn the best ways to attract wild birds to your yard. Our experts will discuss and explain what songbirds need – like water, shelter and food – to entice them, keep them healthy and keep them coming back.
- Read more about backyard birding HERE.
- Outdoor Fairy Gardens – by Carol Armstrong, Greenhouse Manager
- Our experts are on-hand to explain plant selection and placement, with a focus on small DIY water features that will make any garden feel like an oasis.
- Follow these TIPS to start your own fairy garden.
- Success Growing Orchids – by Daniel Servedio, Greenhouse Manager
- Daniel will recommend products and shares his tips to help you successfully grow beautiful exotic orchids to transform your home into a tropical paradise.
- Dooryard Garden – by Al Esposito, Garden Center Manager
- Stop by for plenty advice and inspiration to help you create your own beautiful garden just outside your door. See how flowering plants, garden accents, pottery and even herbs can add to that feeling of coming home.
This Year’s Policies
- There will be a one-way route through the show.
- No food or drinks allowed in the show and no food or drinks served at the show.
- There will be No Events, Seminars, Vendors or Cake at this year’s Shows.
- Balloons will be in the Flower Shops.
- ‘Animal Finds’ will take place throughout the store, not inside the actual Shows.
- Drawings will be posted in the various departments and will have a QR code to enter online.