Salmon with Pineapple–Kiwi Salsa
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 3/4 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 3/4 cup peeled, diced kiwi (about 3 kiwis)
- 2 tbsp. chopped
- fresh cilantro
- 3 tbsp. fresh lime juice, divided
- 4 (4-oz.) salmon fillets, about 1-inch thick
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F. For the salsa, in a medium bowl combine pineapple, kiwi, cilantro and 1 tablespoon of the lime juice. Season with pepper to taste; set aside.
- Drizzle remaining lime juice over fillets, and season with pepper to taste.
- In a large nonstick ovenproof skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add fillets, skin side up; cook 3 minutes. Turn fillets over and transfer skillet to oven. Bake 7 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Top fillets evenly with salsa, and serve.
Per serving: 214 calories, 9g fat, 1g saturated fat, 60mg cholesterol, 49mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 22g protein