Pollock with Spicy Red Pepper Sauce
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped*
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 4 (4-oz.) pollock fillets
- 2 tbsp. coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- For the sauce, in a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and jalapeño; cook and stir 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic; cook and stir 2 minutes. Spoon mixture into a blender. Add lime juice and 1/4 cup water; pulse until smooth.
- Return sauce to skillet; bring to boiling. Season fillets with pepper to taste and place in sauce in skillet. Reduce heat to low; cook, covered, 6 to 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Place fillets and sauce on each of 4 plates. Sprinkle with cilantro, and serve.
Per serving: 131 calories, 5g fat, 1g saturated fat, 81mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 21g protein
*Use caution when handling hot peppers. Wear disposable gloves or wash hands in hot, soapy water afterward.