Pesto and Mozzarella Stuffed Pork Chops
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 8 minutes
- 4 (5- to 6-oz.) boneless pork chops, 1/2-inch thick
- 1/4 cup basil pesto, divided
- 4 oz. fresh mini mozzarella balls (about 16), halved
- 1/2 cup flour, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Using a paring knife, make a horizontal cut in each chop to form a pocket. Season chops with salt and pepper to taste. Place 1 tablespoon of the pesto and 8 mozzarella halves in the pocket of each chop. Secure with a toothpick. Set aside.
- Place flour in a shallow bowl; season with salt and pepper to taste. Whisk eggs in a rimmed dish. Place panko in a shallow dish. Place each chop in flour, coating both sides; shake off excess. Dip chops in egg to coat, then in panko to coat evenly, pressing to adhere.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add chops; cook 4 minutes per side or until an instant-read thermometer registers 145°F. Let stand 3 minutes before serving.
Per serving: 580 calories, 39g fat, 13g saturated fat, 185mg cholesterol, 890mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 42g protein
*3 minutes stand time extra