Employment at Adams
Adams Fairacre Farms is a major employer in the Hudson Valley and one of the best of its kind in retail sales. We have over 1000 friendly caring employees between our four stores. We are a family owned business with family values. We believe that each employee contributes directly to Adams’ growth and success. We have built an excellent staff that is committed and professional – a staff that has continued to expand their skills and grow with us. We have been doing some pretty exciting things, and we think after you have had a chance to become comfortable in your position you will discover how rewarding it is to work here. Our employees are why our customers say, “I love that store!”
- How old do you have to be to work at Adams?
For most positions you need to be at least 16; however, to work in the deli you must be 18 years of age.
- What types of benefits are offered?
Here are just some of the benefits offered:
- Health Insurance (full-time employees)
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401(k) with employer match
- 20% employee discount
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick (full-time employees)
- Life insurance (full-time employees)
- Short term disability
- Voluntary benefits, including supplemental life, short-term disability, cancer coverage, accident coverage
- Does Adams offer a retirement plan?
We offer a 401(k) plan (pre-tax) with employer match, Roth 401(k) (post tax) and profit sharing. Employees 21 years or older are eligible to join.
- Are there opportunities for career advancement?
Absolutely! We have many employees who have started out as cashiers, deli clerks, etc. and are now department managers and store managers.
- Does Adams offer paid vacation?
Yes, Adams offers paid vacation to both full-time and part-time employees. After one year of service employees will earn vacation time. Full-time employees also earn personal/sick time after six months of service.
- How much does Adams pay?
It depends on the position and your level of experience. Our pay is competitive for the industry.
The Application Process
If you would like to work for our family friendly business, please follow the steps below to be considered for employment at Adams Fairacre Farms:
- Check our website or in store postings for basic descriptions and requirements for our open positions.
- You can submit your application online, or visit one of our four locations to pick up a paper application.
- For your application to be considered please make sure it is filled out completely. Make sure paper applications are signed and dated. Applications with missing information are not accepted.
- A tip: If you are interested in more than one position it is recommended you submit an application for each specific position.
- Due to the 1000’s of applications we receive, only applicants being considered will be contacted. Please do not call.
- All applications are reviewed by the hiring manager for the position or Human Resources.
- If a manager is interested in interviewing you, you should hear back within 2 weeks.
- Applications will be kept on file for one year.
Thank you for considering Adams Fairacre Farms.
The Technical Stuff
- Adams is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are evaluated solely on their friendly positive attitude with their qualifications to perform the work required.
- Adams participates in E-Verify. For more information, please visit the E-Verify site by clicking here.
- All retail positions require Saturday or Sunday hours.
- All drivers of Adams vehicles require an MVR, Drug Test, and participate in random drug testing.
- Adams has a generous benefits package including matching 401K & Profit Sharing Plan; 20% employee discount; and paid time off.