Sue Adams’ Rosemary Carrot Cookies
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 cups instant oatmeal
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 cup nuts (optional)
- Parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- If using nuts, you can toast the nuts and then cool before adding to the recipe.
- Cream together butter and sugars.
- Add eggs, vanilla, lemon rind, rosemary and lemon juice and beat well.
- Mix in the carrots, flour and baking soda.
- Mix in oatmeal, and nuts if using
- Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheets lined with parchment paper (to prevent cookies from sticking to the pan).
- Bake 12-15 minutes, until lightly brown and firm
Yield: 40-48 cookies