Sue Adams Makes Double Chocolate Chip Mint Cookies
Prep Time: 20 Min
Cook Time: 10 – 12 Min
Makes approximately 60 2-inch cookies
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- 1 cup Butter (if using salted don’t add the salt)
- 1 cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 8 – 10 teaspoons of dried mint leaves or 8-10 Tablespoons fresh
- 1 2/3 cup Flour
- 1/3 cup dark Cocoa
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 250g package of Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup toasted walnuts (optional)
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Beat in eggs
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Mix in dry mixture into creamed mixture.
- Stir in the Mint and walnuts and chocolate chips
- Drop small balls of dough onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes for chewy cookies or up to 10 minutes for crunchier cookies.
NOTE: I prefer to bake with dried mint and use fresh mint in drinks and for cooking. Drying the mint is easy and can be done quickly (see info on drying mint).