Rosemary Lamb Skewer with Feta Mint Pesto
Submitted by Erich Steffenson, Meat Manager, Adams Poughkeepsie
- 6 Branches fresh rosemary
- 3 Cloves garlic, smashed
- 3 Lbs. Lamb kebobs, 1 – 1 1/2” thick 1⁄4 Lb. Fresh feta, crumbled
- 1 Container pesto
- 1⁄4 Cup mint, coarsely chopped Freshly ground pepper
- Remove 2/3 leaves from rosemary branch. Using a sharp knife, cut a point on the branch to use as a skewer.
- Coarsely chop remaining rosemary leaves, and in a medium bowl, add them to the smashed garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Add lamb to bowl, mix well.
- Refrigerate 4 to 24 hours.
- Skewer the lamb (3-5 pieces per skewer)
- Stir mint, feta, and pesto together.
- On a hot grill, cook lamb about 3 minutes per side. Rotate skewers until evenly cooked medium rare.
- Serve skewer on a platter with a drizzle of pesto.