Rosemary & Goat Cheese Muffins
Submitted by Sue Adams, Mark Adams Greenhouses
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted flour 2 tsp. baking power 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 cup Craisins
- 4 oz. Mill Hill Creamery Coach Farms Goat Cheese
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F.
- Grease bottoms of muffin pans or use paper liners
- Simmer the milk, cranberries and rosemary in a small saucepan for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the butter until melted. Cool.
- Beat the egg into the milk and craisin mixture.
- Sift the flour and then measure.
- Add the sugar, baking powder and salt to the flour and sift again.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the liquid ingredients all at once
- Stir just enough to moisten the dry ingredients. No extra strokes! (to avoid toughness and tunnels)
- Fill 12 muffin cups about 1/3 full with the batter. Place about 3⁄4 tablespoon of cheese in the center of each muffin, then cover with the remaining batter.
- Bake approximately 20 minutes until brown and springy in the center.
- Serve muffins hot or cold.