Annmarie Plass Makes Orange Chicken
Prep Time: 20 Min
Cook Time: 10 Min
- ¼ cup tablespoons orange juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce or more add to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili paste or chili peppers
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cooking sherry or water
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons wok oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Marinate chicken pieces with cooking sherry and corn starch for about 10 minutes.
- Heat the wok and sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté ginger and garlic.
- Place chicken into the skillet, and brown on both sides.
- Move to the side and add soy sauce, orange juice and chili paste. Toss the chicken in the mixture until it thickens and makes a sauce.
- 10 oz. package of fresh Spinach.
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce.
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root.
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic.
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds.
- Add oil ginger and garlic to the pan
- Add spinach
- Add soy and toss until spinach is cooked about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds