Dutchess County Fair – 2013
We had another huge year at the Dutchess County Fair. From landscaping & floral displays to food demonstrations and new flower varieties, we were well represented the entire week!
The Adams Landscaping display was awesome, featuring the 4 seasons of the Hudson valley.
Home is where you live and love, make and share memories and experience life all year long. No matter the season, your home and landscape reflect this, with Nature stepping in to do her part. In the Hudson Valley a pristine, sparkling blanket of snow gives way to a quilt of spring flowers, a bountiful summer garden, a rich tapestry of autumn leaves. Each season in our unique valley has its beauty, purpose and promises to fulfill. Celebrate this diversity and make the most of your
surroundings – winter, spring, summer and fall.
The Adams Floral display was awe inspiring. Seasons of Hope was made in honor of cancer survivors and victims. Throughout the fair, the post-it notes grew beyond the capacity of the boards and were soon spilling over to the display itself. Annmarie Plass also participated in an intriguing flower arrangement seminar.
Mark Adams Greenhouses featured some of the new flower varieties of 2014 and saw a huge response in the amount of the entries they received. Here are the winners:
- Sunpatiens Spreading Salmon
- Petunia Sophistica Lime Bicolor
- Angelonia Angelwood Blue
5 Adams department managers shared their recipes and explained their craft to many fair goers.
- On Tuesday, Debbie Decker talked about local cheese.
- On Wednesday, Sean Lacey broke down a local pig.
- On Thursday, Mike Paesano and Phil Jacovino squared off on meatball recipes. And Joe Longendyke made a superb Summer Lobster and Shrimp Spring Roll.
- On Friday, Gary Mahon finished things off with a discussion of local produce.
Please enjoy more photos below.