Helping One of Our Own
On Friday, July 24th, Adams Fairacre Farms will be hosting “Sparrow’s Day”. Sparrow’s Day will support the organization that is supporting our very own Shawn Wheeler. Shawn Wheeler is a former employee and the wife of our Newburgh Store Manager, Mark Wheeler. She is battling cancer in her liver and lungs and will be on chemotherapy for the rest of her life – a very tough reality to be handed.
Along the way, Sparrow’s Nest has come along side to help the Wheeler family. Sparrow’s Nest is an organization that cooks and delivers meals to the families of moms with cancer in the Hudson Valley. Each Monday, recipients receive 2 homemade trays of food delivered straight to their door. The primary goal of Sparrow’s Nest is to help these moms by relieving some of the stress they face in everyday life so they can spend time getting better. Shawn Wheeler is one of those moms. Every Monday, Shawn, Mark and their two young daughters have a basic life need provided by Sparrow’s Nest.
Many have asked if there is any way that they can help Shawn; according to Shawn there is something we can do as a company to make a difference.
Adams would like to help Shawn and Mark by helping Sparrow’s Nest continue helping to feed and support families in the Hudson Valley.
- Shirts will be made available for purchase from June 19-26.
- During this time employees and any other interested supporter can pre-order and pay for a shirt.
- Shirts cost $20. For employees, Adams will be paying for half of each shirt, lowering the cost to $10.
- 100% of the money raised will go to Sparrow’s Nest
- On July 24th, everyone will wear their shirts to show support for Shawn and Mark Wheeler.
We would love it if you would consider helping raise awareness for this wonderful charity!
Learn more about Sparrow’s Nest by clicking here: www.sparrowsnestcharity.org